RSE Camera Warranty Terms & Conditions
1. Nothing in this warranty limits any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act. Such rights cannot be changed by the conditions in this warranty. Subject to the conditions below this camera system is warranted by RSE to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase (the “Warranty period”).
2. Warranty for RSE Cameras & Monitors is a ‘Return to Base Warranty.’ RSE is located in Auckland and for a warranty claim the product must be returned to our premise. The cost associated with the removal of any item for return is not covered by warranty due to a large variance in installation methods and technician capabilities.
3. This warranty:
a) Covers products purchased as NEW, manufactured for use in New Zealand.
b) Commences from the date of purchase as listed on the customer’s invoice.
c) Provides for the labour and replacement parts necessary to maintain your product in good operating condition as specified in this warranty, however, if repair is needed because of product failure during normal usage, RSE has the option to repair or replace the defective product or part of the product with a product or part of the product of like kind and quality and a replacement part may be new or reconditioned of the kind and quality and may cost less than the original product purchased and no charges or refunds will be made based on the replacement product cost difference.
d) Applies only to the original purchaser or the first registered owner and cannot be transferred.
4. Product Identification
a) RSE reserves the right to reject claims for any services or work where the customer requesting such work or services from RSE cannot produce for verification proof of purchase as per the original purchase invoice.
b) In the event that a request for repair is made against a warranty where the service/serial number sticker is not attached to the product or the customer cannot produce for verification the original invoice, the repairer will not carry out any repairs on the product.
5. What is covered by this Warranty
a) The equipment is covered for faulty workmanship on parts that have failed under normal use which are contained within the product.
b) RSE will decide if there are any defects in the material and/or workmanship.
c) This warranty is only applicable for repairs on declared equipment carried out by RSE.
d) Costs of attendance and testing where no external mechanical or electrical failure is identified.
e) Where attendance is required a purchase order number must be provided by RSE to cover cost. Where no order number is sought the attendance will not be covered by warranty.
6. The Warranty Ceases if:
a) Damage to the product has occurred as listed below:
i) Although this Camera is IP rated for exterior use, Warranty will cease where high pressure hoses or high pressure water blasters have been applied directly to the front of the camera and lenses. This can cause the camera seals to be damaged and let water into the camera.
ii) The product being inadequately serviced to manufacturer’s recommendations.
iii) Resulting from environmental conditions including and not limited to dirt, dust, rodents, insects, rust, corrosion, salt build up, of any part of the product including its parts; or
iv) Resulting from excessive use “fair wear and tear”.
v) Resulting from poor installation including and not limited to positioning and externally fitted equipment such as cabling, antennae or due to incompatibility of connected equipment.
vi) If your appliance has been dismantled, repaired or serviced by any person other than someone authorised by RSE.
vii) Power surges or spikes, including and not limited to mains power and telecommunications connections, or to other unspecified sources, incorrect power current, voltage fluctuation, amperage fluctuation, rust or corrosion.
viii) Due to a dropped product; collision with another object, use of which is not designed, negligence, accident or deliberate misuse, theft, abuse, vandalism, flood, fire, earthquake or electrical storms.
ix) Where extreme variations in ambient air temperature causes condensation on the internal glass lenses cover.
7. Any unauthorised access to the internal hardware of the product will void this warranty.
8. Replacement items are “like for like” and is not “new for old” and does not indicate in any way that a faulty product will be replaced with a new part or unit.
9. This warranty does not cover the costs of transportation or travel expenses to and from your home.
10. RSE accepts no liability for items that are lost, damaged or stolen as a result of freight, transport or storage. If you are required to transport the item to RSE you must ensure that it is securely packed and insured.
11. Any repair performed on a product under the warranty where no fault can be found, or the items is deemed by RSE to be not faulty under this warranty, or the repair or fault is not covered under the warranty, a No Fault Found fee is payable by the warranty holder of a minimum of $100 + GST.
12. Any repairs or services required that are outside the terms and conditions of the warranty can be carried out at the request of the customer or due to site attendance where fault is not covered under warranty as the product has not been installed or setup correctly, these costs are payable by the customer.